SEO strategy plays a lead role in attracting more traffic to your website.
More importantly, when done correctly, SEO is what converts your visitors into buyers and helps maintain the longevity of your brand.
Want to know the 5 best SEO strategies in 2022? Look no further because we got them covered here for you:
1. Improve Core Web Vitals (CWV) metrics
Last year Google released a brand-new ranking algorithm based on the Core Web Vitals of your website. This algorithm sets the grounds for superb user experience.
CWV are metrics that measure the visual stability of your page content, the speed of your pages and their responsiveness.
To improve these three metrics, you must measure their capabilities first. You can use various tools, such as PageSpeed Insights or Chrome UX Report, for measuring purposes.
Once you gain some insight into the status of your CWV, you can adjust them to Google’s liking by investing in some high-quality UX/UI.
Want to learn what Google likes? We got you covered!
- Google likes when the main content on a page is loaded within 2.5 seconds at most.
- Search engines also prefer sites that respond to user interaction in less than 100 ms.
- Finally, your ideal score for the frequency of user’s experience with the unexpected layout shift should be below 0.1 CLS.
2. Use Artificial Intelligence to boost SEO strategy
While AI isn’t replacing copywriters any time soon, it’s proven as a helpful supplementary tool in creating SEO-optimized topic ideas for blog posts, article titles, meta tags and even the article outlines.
More and more SEO professionals are introducing automation and machine learning to their jobs to save resources while assuring the top quality of content.
Google even has its ranking AI called RankBrain.
RankBrain prioritizes organized content that can engage its readers, so focus on improving your click-through rates and the time your users spend on your website. Want to know how? Our next tip provides you with an answer!
3. Improve content quality
It’s no secret that recycling content won’t provide anything of revolutionary value to your user.
With Google’s algorithm getting fancier, you’ll need to work on improving the quality and the structure of your website and its contents.
Why? Because Google is all about a great user experience and offering fresh content to users is a large part of that experience.
Another thing you should aim to integrate into your SEO strategy is winning featured snippets.
Need some advice on how to win featured snippets? Look no further:
- Have experts write longer, authoritative and trustworthy (EAT) content for your site
- Use statistics and facts
- Engage readers by asking questions
- Optimize content for long-tail keywords
- Format articles for larger fonts and bulleted lists, divide large paragraphs into several smaller ones, include CTAs and use visuals such as photos or videos
- Update old content regularly
You might also benefit from the usage of tools for content optimization.
As many useful ones aren’t free and take some time to get used to, partnering up with experts from the best SEO company list can be another way of getting access to them while reaping the other benefits of SEO outsourcing.
4. Learn about EAT
EAT is a principle of ranking websites. Websites with content that communicates expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness are favored among the search engines.
In the previous point, we’ve already provided some tips on improving your content quality with the EAT principle.
However, we’ve gathered some additional tips to make your SEO strategy a killer one:
- Understand the fictional personas of your target audience and learn about user intent
- Implement external links to and quality backlinks from reputable sources
- Ask your customers for reviews on reputable reviewing sites (e.g. Google) and include them on your website
- Encourage brand mentions on social media platforms
5. Optimize content for a mobile experience
Make sure that your site’s design is mobile-responsive. The easier your users find interacting and engaging with your content on mobile phones, the more likely will Google be to rank your content higher.
The reason for this is Google’s update regarding mobile-first indexing. With this update, mobile versions of websites are prioritized over desktop ones.
While we’re on the topic of Google’s mobile-friendly updates, your SEO strategy should include competing in Localized Google Results.
Since SERP personalization was introduced, Google results consider geographic location and zip codes in search queries to match the user’s intention.
by Kevin Donvas
source: Digital Silk