Good advice is timeless as is the information in this infographic. Diana Adams of BitRebels put together a list 10 Ways to Supercharge the Pageviews On Your Postsand NowSourcing turned it into a beautiful infographic.
The advice is straightforward:
- Post good content frequently (yes, I know we’ve been off during the holidays).
- Make your posts shareable – we love Easy Social Share for WordPress!
- Use Tools for Content Creation – we have alerts setup for a number of topics via Meltwater and really love the depth and timeliness of the information we get to share.
- Accept Guest Writers – but BEWARE!
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization is still important but don’t overdue it. Here are steps we take to optimize our posts.
- Edit & Proofread Every Word Before It’s Published – Oops… we fail here. I had a couple of doozies on my last post that I just fixed. We’ve toyed with the idea of having an editor, perhaps this year!
- Link Building (But Not the Way You Think) – I like the term link earning fromSite Strategics. They discuss relevant internal links to drive more pageviews – we like Jetpack’s related posts functionality for that!
- Email Marketing The Right Way – that’s why we built and use CircuPress!
- Break up a Long Post – We need to do more of those but I’ll be honest, I hate the 10+ click articles that are just driving pageviews and irritating your readers.
- Use Social Media Creatively – If we had more time, we’d definitely work on better representative featured images for our posts and then utilizing each social outlet effectively.
by Douglas Karr
423 total views, 2 views today